Do all things tech fire you up? Looking to hire a PC Support Technician to provide hardware repair, software and operating system support for Windows platforms. We also need someone who can focus on computer hardware repairs, rebuilds and custom computer creation. The work environment is fun and open. Can be flexible hours for someone who is going to school. Two locations to work from and on-site field work available.
Have you ever changed a hard drive in computer? Have you ever re-loaded on OS onto a computer?
Have you ever built a computer from scratch? Do you enjoy troubleshooting networking problems?
Does a cracked laptop screen or phone screen not worry you as you enjoy changing them out?
Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform general maintenance tasks, troubleshoot and repair computer systems. This would include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Preparing new systems for deployment and coordinating installation with the end user or business. Updating appropriate workorder systems to reflect the current system status.
- Respond to assigned work orders and maintain accurate and timely documentation of progress in work order system. Write comprehensive and detailed reports to the end users on work performed. Promote creation of knowledge base entries usable by customers and IT team members. Work could involve supporting projects both onsite and offsite and after normal business hours. On-call and overtime opportunities may be available.
- Communicate issues, critical problems and situations to appropriate management levels.
- Maintains open communication with campus constituents to better understand their technology requirements and issues.
- Able to work with a team of people at times and work solo when needed, and complete other tasks besides computer repair as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills (able to explain problem solving to customers).
- Prior experience within an IT support role.
- A+ Certification or ability to obtain within 3 months.
- Ability to solder capacitors, DC Jacks
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate with various levels of personnel to understand the problem
- Professional, positive image. Appropriate attire.
- Strong PC trouble shooting skills, including both hardware and software.
- Knowledge of software, including: office productivity tools (e.g., MS Office)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on new work assigned.
- Work independently and with little direct supervision.
- MCSE Certification
- Network+ Certification
- Windows Domain & Server Knowledge
- 2 or 4-year MIS, Computer Science, or related degree
Job Type: Part-Time / Full Time
Computer Repair: 2 years
I.T. support: 2 years
E-mail Resume to: email@example.com
Or deliver in person to 2161 Van Giesen Street | Richland, WA 99352
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers