QR Code Link to This Post
Starting Wage 17/hr-25/hr Depending on experience
Under the general direction of Grounds Management:
Iinstalls, maintains and manages the computerized irrigation systems, controllers and backflow devices in a safe manner.
Primary accountabilities also include monitoring and operating the college’s computerized water management system and performing all the duties of a Groundskeeper position.
Job requires well developed verbal and writing skills to present and exchange technical information and specifications with grounds maintenance management, staff, co-workers, sub-contractors, and outside vendors.
Performs work as a designated essential personnel.
Responsible for producing journey level work output on an independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review.
Metrics to Measure Results:
Success within this position will be measured by:
• Performance - Reviews conducted every trimester by direct supervisor.
Detail Overview of Responsibilities:
Operates, maintains and repairs existing irrigation systems to ensure adequate moisture for plantings. Sets and maintains automatic irrigation systems to run systematically according to the landscape care program.
Designs, installs, tests and maintains new irrigation systems, backflow devices and controllers. May provide functional and technical direction to other grounds staff with regard to irrigation systems design, installation and maintenance.
Operates special and/or heavy equipment and vehicles to perform the duties of an irrigation specialist and equipment operator. May be required to operate backhoe and/or pay loader.
Installs and maintains all irrigation backflow devices district wide. Contacts Pacific Backflow for any backflow testing needs.
Orders irrigation supplies, spare parts and equipment as authorized and takes deliveries.
Documents and maintains appropriate logs, records and inventory of systems. Such as blue prints using Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software and geographical information systems (GIS).
Recommends and assists in prioritization of upgrades and replacement of systems and equipment.
Responds to work order requests and needs for assistance through various communication methods.
Performs specialized tasks during adverse weather conditions.
Maintains a safe work environment and performs all duties in a safe manner. Observes and adheres to all safety rules required by Sprinkler Plus, LLC and regulatory agencies. Reports all safety violations to management.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Key Success Behaviors, Skills and Requirements:
• Aligned with Sprinkler Plus, LLC Values of Knowledge, Optimism, Relationships, Passion.
• Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
• Highly alert, and demonstrates problem solving skills
• Driven to improve efficiencies, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• High attention to detail in technical specifications and written communication. • Intuitive, critical thinker
• Highly structured in organization and time management, demonstrating initiative • Demonstrate initiative in meeting task based goals
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written in English)
• Demonstrates ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
• Demonstrate competency in specific materials, methods, tools, equipment and techniques required to complete required tasks in a safe and responsible manner
• Demonstrate basic math skills • Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to perform work activities
• Understand basics of grading and layout
• Follow instructions
• Perform work quickly and efficiently, demanding excellence in quality of work
• Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
• Desire to embrace and use technology
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
2. Preference given to candidates with one or more years’ experience in the sprinkler contracting industry.
3. Must be 18 or older
• Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials • Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift • Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent stamina is required
• Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
• Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
• Flexible working hours including 6 day work weeks during peek business months. Closed on Sundays always.
Apply At www.sprinklerplus.net