Licensed Daycare is now accepting registrations for full time child care opening.
Open 7:00AM-5:30PM Mondays –Fridays
Serving Ages 3 through 12 years (must be 3 years by December 31, 2019)
Full Time Space -$650 per month ($75 monthly surcharge if not potty trained)
Before & After School Space -$300 per month (limited availability)
A Full Preschool program is also included with the cost of care from September through May to prepare children for their Kindergarten experience.
Private pay only.
Participant in the USDA Food Program. All meals are included.
My Training and Experience
This is my second turn at operating a Licensed Home Daycare. When my first son was a year old, I opened up Crystal View Child Care in South King County. Even though it was not my original plan, I discovered that I really enjoyed working with children. Quickly I began to add Early Childhood Education coursework to my BA in Business Admin from the University of Washington. During the eleven years that I operated the daycare, I had leadership roles in the local Advocacy Agencies, taught some child care classes and was Nationally Certified through NAFFC.
As my family outgrew Daycare, I eventually went back to school to obtain my Master’s Degree in Education, Mental Health Counseling from Seattle University, specializing in learning disabilities. At that time I closed down the daycare. I worked in several therapeutic care setting with children including Childhaven, Lourdes Child & Adolescent Inpatient Units and Day Treatment Programs.
I spent another 15 years working within the Presbyterian Church USA running large Christian Education Programs and Directing/teaching in a Christian Preschool environment. My love of learning continued, with another set of Master’s Level Coursework to become a Certified Christian Educator. Throughout the decades, I have volunteered as a Scout Leader, School Aide, and Guardian Ad Litem, among other things. I am now looking forward to utilizing the experiences gained from my continued work with children and families to create a unique, quality childcare experience that combines the best of a family home environment with quality early childhood education.
Sample Daily Schedule
7:00-8:15 AM Breakfast & getting ready for school*
8:15-8:50 AM Seat/floor activities –leave for elementary school
8:50-11:30AM M-TH Full Preschool Program
8:50-11:30AM Fri. Life Skills Activities /Free Play
11:30-12:00 PM Transition to and Prepare Lunch
12:30:12:45PM Transition to Naptime
12:45-3:00PM Naptime/Quiet Time
3:00-3:30PM Transition from nap/ snack/school age arrive
3:15-3:45PM Outside Free Play
3:45-5:00PM Free Play or Inside/Life Skills Activities etc.
5:00-5:30PM Quiet activities/Homework for school age
5:30 PM Program Closed
DAILY PRESCHOOL SCHEDULE:
1. 10-15 minutes: Gathering Activities
2. 2-5 minutes: Clean-up and Transition
3. 15-25 minutes: Group Circle Time
4. 50-60 minutes: Centers Activities
5. 5-10 minutes: Clean-up and Transition
6. 10-20 minutes: Snack Time
7. 10-20 minutes: Recess outside or gross motor group games
8. 5-10 minutes: Final Transition Activity
Academic Goals Include:
· Name recognition, writing, and letter identification, including sounds.
· Identification of upper and lower case letters of entire alphabet, tracing, writing, matching, and sound production in words.
· Indentify numbers 1-20, including counting, tracing, and corresponding values and introduction of word labels.
· Identify twelve basic colors and word labels.
· Identify 2D & 3D geometric shapes and word labels.
· Sorting objects based on size, color and shape, relationship and purpose.
· Complete patterning and sequencing tasks.
· Participate in open-ended classroom discussions.
Email or call to set up a tour of the daycare home.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers